REPORTS TO: Production Manager
SHIFT PATTERN: Backshift – Monday to Thursday (3.00pm to 11.30pm) and Friday (2.00pm to 9.30pm)
Main Purpose of the Job/Role
Responsible for the delivery of Operational KPI’s and financial results, managing and leading direct reports (Area Leaders) and extended team to deliver outstanding performance.
Drive the development of the site’s lean programme, identifying & driving out wastes and reducing process variation to improve both the efficiency and the effectiveness of the site. This role demands a flexible approach to working hours and does require the hour’s necessary for the satisfactory completion of the role. Individual hours will be dependent on the needs of the Operation.
- To deliver the weekly/daily departmental scorecard linked to safety, environment, costs, quality and service.
- To take joint operational ownership for the delivery of the departmental strategic plan to support the delivery of the site’s strategic plan.
- Support the development of the site’s lean programme through local departmental implementation.
- Ensuring the GMP is maintained to a high standard, whilst promoting cost-effective process improvement by organising allocated resources.
- Ensuring the resources are available to meet with business demands including manpower planning (until planning function have necessary capability)
- Analyse the process to identify and deliver improvements in efficiency, quality, and reduced costs and make recommendations on capital investment and changing working practices.
- Analyse absence statistics and implement any appropriate absence control or disciplinary procedures.
- Investigate/follow up on all process issues ensuring necessary corrective/preventative actions are implemented and maintained.
- Using the latest lean manufacturing techniques, create an empowered culture to achieve CI and cost reduction.
- Promote amongst all departments safe working practices and be a role model at all times.
- Manage departmental behavioural safety programme.
- Ensure company health and safety practices and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Create an environment which will promote and maintain good industrial relations.
- Ensure all team members are trained/supervised to carry out their duties effectively and to the highest standards of quality and safety
- Tasks as identified directly by the Factory Manager
- Clear and timely communication to all areas of the Factory
- To adopt a flexible approach to working across the shift patterns within the Department
- Ability to work to deadlines/multi-task
- Time management: Ensures the most effective use of personal and apprentice’s time
- Ability to foresee changes in demands and circumstance and act accordingly
- Communicates effectively to all departments
- Able to make things happen quickly and to complete tasks.
- Effective management of apprentice by motivating and coordinating activities.
- Maintains positive and productive relationships with other departments/stakeholders
- Ability to motivate self and others.
- Chooses the most appropriate method and tools for communication.
- Able to coach individuals towards behavioural changes and performance improvement
- Has the ability to deal with difficult or challenging situations in a professional manner and seeks amicable solutions
- Takes responsibility for own and apprentice’s actions and takes corrective action when necessary